6th August 2012
Oh diary, let me tell you about today! Today was a good day. A really good day, actually.
I got to be super late and slept even later. Granted, it still amounted to about 8 hours of sleep but when it hits eight hours at 11am, it’s late no matter what.
After that, I got up and went out for lunch. Yeah! While there, I wrote letters to friends and then I mailed them! Yeah yeah! After that, I had dinner with some of my favorite people in the world. Yeah yeah yeah!
I also made my mom laugh so suddenly, she snorted food through nose. That’s a rare combination there, diary.
I’m starting to get nervous about next month, even though it’s a month away. I have so much planned, so many trips and projects and BIG HUGE THINGS packed into six or seven weeks.
It could be the end of me.
Let’s lay it all out there and see what’s what.
- Early September (9/1 or 9/8): Rusty and I are going to be hosting a concert while simultaneously recording a video. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever done before. There’s going to be rehearsals! I mean, hell. I don’t even know what we’re going to do. So much to plan with this.
- September 15-16: We’re going to be interviewing creators at the Small Press Expo again. I’ve said everything will be better this time around but I don’t even know what that means, honestly. I already have a better camera so that’s good. I guess I can work on the audio. I don’t know if I can be a better me at interviewing. We’ll see. I’m not too nervous about this one yet but it’s back there, waiting to stir.
- September 22: We head north for a trip to Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Zine Fair. It’s mostly an excuse to see our friends in Pittsburgh but, still, it’s a show. I don’t think we need anything new for the show as we just did a new zine and it’s amazing. Maybe the mood will strike us.
- September 29: I am on the wait-list for another show. I don’t think this one will work out but, if it does, it will be a neat trip. If it doesn’t, I will sleep.
- October 6: We make our annual pilgrimage to Richmond for the Richmond Zine Fest! One of my favorite shows in one of my favorite places, the Gay Community Center of Richmond, hopefully beneath one of my favorite things, the rainbow disco ball! This is possibly the last year at the GCCR so I’m glad we’re getting to go. This is a trip I can do in my sleep. Always fun.
- October 11-14: This is when the New York Comic Con takes place. It’s on the radar. I can’t imagine having the energy to go but, if we get in for free, it might be worth a trip up. We’ll see!
- October 20: This is the tentative date for this year’s Meatfest! I take it very seriously because the most amazing people are involved. I have no idea what I’ll make for this year’s event but I never slack because I love it too much.
So that’s what I’m looking at.
Diary, between you and me, I need to be a lot better me than I’ve been. I can tackle this but it will be hard.